Cookie & Privacy Statement
This website is provided and controlled by Leca UK. We are registered in the UK under the company number 38317962 and we have our registered office at Leca UK, Regus House, Herons Way, Chester Business Park, Chester. CH4 9QR. UK. Our VAT number is 262 2585 05.
The Data Handler
Chester Business Park
Chester CH4 9QR
Marketing Communication Specialist
Tel. 01244 893 878
Whose data are we handling?
- Potential customers
- Website users
- Business Contacts
Where we get the information?
Customer information can be obtained when visiting our website, social media and when visiting us at an exhibition or when communicating with Leca employees.
The data, that we are handling
We only deal with the information you provide yourself, for example:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
Why we are handling your data?
- Managing Customer Relationships
Software to handling data?
- SuperOffice (CRM)
- Microsoft (e-mail)
How long do we handle your data?
Personal data is retained on our CRM system for marketing purposes in principle for three (3) years, after which we delete data, if no contact has been made between the customer and Leca UK.
- Right of access
- Right to restrict
- Direct marketing ban
- Right to erase
- Right of appeal
How do we protect your information?
- We protect your internet connection (https)
- We use a firewall
- We encrypt information (cryptous)
- We restrict access to the people who need it
- Our staff sign confidentiality agreements about handling customer data
1. Us, the registrar
Best Regards, Johnny
Regus House - Herons Way
Chester Business Park
Chester CH4 9QR
Marketing Communication Specialist
Tel. 01244 893 878
2. You, the registered
Customers (contact persons)
3. Purpose and reason for processing personal data
|The registered||Purpose of processing||Processing justification|
|Customers||Initiating and maintaining customer service contact and maintaining customer relationships.||The legitimate interest of the controller.|
|Potential customers and website users||Customer contact requests and newsletter subscriptions via the website.||The legitimate interest of the controller.|
4. Information to be stored in the register
The following information can be stored in the register:
|Information||Customer||Potential customer/websiteuser||Purpose of processing|
|Company||✓||✓||Managing Customer Relationships/ Targeted Marketing|
|Role/title||✓||✓||Managing Customer Relationships/Targeted Marketing|
|IP address||✓||Targeted Marketing|
5. Duration of processing
Personal data is processed and available for Leca UK as long as we have a verified and valid customer agreement in accordance to our privacy agreement. We record information as we receive them from the register and update them accordingly based on the information provided by the registrar.
Personal data is retained on our CRM system for marketing purposes in principle for three (3) years, after which we delete data, if no contact has been made between the customer and Leca UK. From our e-mail marketing list, you will be able to opt-out by yourself.
6. Your Rights
You have the following rights, requests for this must be made to email@example.com
Right of access and rectification
You have the right to request the personal information that we have kept about you. If you notice any inaccuracies or omissions in your data, you can ask us to correct or supplement the information correctly.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal information if you feel that we have processed your personal data illegally or that we are not entitled to deal with some of your personal information.
Direct marketing ban
You have the right at any time to forbid us from using your information for direct marketing. Note: we never sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to other 3rd party businesses.
We currently conduct online advertising on platforms including Facebook and Google. Please see our Cookies section for more details.
Right to forgotten
If you feel that processing some of your data is not necessary for our tasks, you have the right to request for us to remove this data. You also have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of disputed data until the matter is resolved.
Right of appeal
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Supervisor if you feel that we are in violation of your personal data.
7. Regular sources of information
Customer information can be obtained when visiting our website, when visiting us at a fair or when meeting one of the Leca´s employees. Our websites are intended for a general audience, and Leca UK does not knowingly collect personal data from any person under 18 years.
8. Transfers of information
The ownership of the data is not transferred from the controller to a third party, nor is the third party entitled to use the information mandate for wider use.
As part of a global group, Leca UK may transfer personal data collected by us on an aggregated or individual level to various divisions, subsidiaries, joint ventures and affiliated companies of Leca International around the world located inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated above, as well to data processors for storage and service purposes.
We have ensured that all of our service providers comply with the privacy laws. We regularly use the following service providers:
- SuperOffice (CRM)
- Microsoft (e-mail)
9. Transfer of data outside the EU
Whenever possible, we’ve chosen secure, Europe-based data centers to store your data.
Some of the above-mentioned service providers may back up data outside the EU/EEA to the United States. Data will be backed up to ensure your data is secure even in situations where major servers fail.
We have ensured that our service providers have joined the so-called “EU-US” Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/list), designed to ensure the secure processing of European data in the United States.
10. Principles of registry protection
Careful handling of your personal data is important to us. We use the following safeguards to ensure the security of your data.
- Entering the system requires entering a username and password. The system is also protected by firewalls and other technical means.
- The data contained in the registry stored in the system is accessible to, and is only authorized to use, certain pre-determined registrar employees.
- The use of the registry is protected by user-specific passwords, passwords and access rights.
- The registry is located on a computer that is placed in a machine room where access to unauthorized persons is blocked.
- The information contained in the register is located in locked and guarded premises.
- Registries are regularly backed up.
Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you may want to modify your browser's settings and disable cookies at any time. You can avoid cookies by editing and blocking your browser's settings.
Please refer to the help guide for your browser for further guidance:
- For Internet Explorer, a help guide is available here
- For Mozilla, a help guide is available here
- For Chrome, a help guide is available here
- For Safari, a help guide is available here
|Cookies||What will be stored||Who treats the information|
|__cfduid||Typical server log information, including:
|newscookie||Important to know that you dismissed the newsletter registration popup||Leca|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.||Hotjar|
|test_cookie||Tests if the user's browser supports cookies, on behalf of Google Inc. Advertising platform DoubleClick.||DoubleClick, Google Inc.|
|Google Analytics cookies to us understand how you engage and interact with our website, including how you came to our website, which pages you visited, for how long and what you clicked on and your location (based on your IP address)|
|fr||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third party advertisers.|
|Used by LinkedIn to collect information about Browser, language and ad analytics|
Information collected through cookies and web beacons will not inform us or any third party of any personal information such as your name or contact information. Third party advertisers may also use technology to measure the performance of their ads. For this purpose, they can use a trace (one-pixel GIF file) that is placed on our website to collect anonymous data. After receiving anonymous information about visits by users, these and other websites allow advertisers to design ads for products and services that may interest the user.
This site has a Google AdWords cookie which is meant for targeted marketing through a list of users in Google's advertising networks. The user can not be identified on the basis of the information to be included in the cookie. If you wish, you can block a Google AdWords marketing based on user lists here.
For more information on browser-based advertising targeting, please visit Your Online Choices.
Third-party cookies on our website
The following third parties store the following cookies on this website:
- Google Analytics (provided by Google Inc.) to enable us (a) to perform statistical analyses of e.g. number of visitors, information on location, and the like to learn about our visitors and (b) to improve the website friendliness and usability, e.g. on the basis of website traffic measurements
- Facebook (provided by Facebook, Inc.) to identify users logged in to Facebook for the purpose of sharing content on Facebook (only when you are logged in to Facebook when visiting our website and only when clicking the Facebook button)
- LinkedIn (provided by LinkedIn Corp.) to enable the “follow” and “share” features of LinkedIn (only when you are logged in to LinkedIn when visiting our website and only when clicking the LinkedIn button).
- Twitter (provided by Twitter Inc.) to enable the “follow” and “share” features of Twitter (only when you are logged in to Twitter when visiting our website and only when clicking the Twitter button).
- Youtube (provided by Google) to store session preferences (e.g. language) and suggest other content based on your previous uses.
- Google PPC (provided by Google Inc.) for display advertising purposes.
This site uses also Hotjar website analysis tool, which shows how visitors are using the site in heatmaps or visitor recordings.
Hotjar´s Visitor Privacy statement:
- Site visitors are assigned a unique user identifier, UUID, so that Hotjar can keep track of returning visitors without relying on any personal information, such as the IP address.
- IP addresses of visitors are always anonymized before being stored. We set the last octet of IPv4 addresses, all connections to Hotjar are made via IPv4, to 0 to ensure the full IP address is never written to disk. For example, if a visitor's IP address is 126.96.36.199, it will be stored as 188.8.131.52. The first three octets of the IP address are only used to determine the geographic location of the visitor.
- When collecting data with Recordings, Hotjar automatically suppresses keystroke data on password fields, as well as when we detect a credit card number being entered into an input field. We also offer the ability to manually suppress data on specific input fields or on-page text containing email addresses/numbers. In both cases, the data is suppressed client-side, the visitor’s browser, which means it never reaches our servers.
- Read more here.
12. Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by, amongst other things, copyright and trade mark laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
15. Contact details
If you have any questions or comments or wish to exercise your rights under applicable legislation, please contact our privacy team by emailing to GDPR@leca.co.uk.